"Please Wait," "Connection to the server failed," or "Unable to reach Epic servers at this time" when I try to sign into the launcher.
If you receive this notice when signing in, try the following steps:
- Make sure you are not behind a proxy and do not have epicgames.com filtered.
- If you are behind a proxy, add an exception for epicgames.com (or ask your IT department to do so).
- Ensure that ports 443 (https), and 5222 are unblocked.
- Check your 5222 and 443 port status here.
- If they are closed, navigate to Control Panel> System and Security> Windows Firewall.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- On the left, select Inbound Rules.
- On the right, select New Rule...
- Select Port, then click Next.
- In the text box beside Specific local ports, enter 5222, 443, then click Next three more times.
- In the Name box, enter UE4, then click Finish.
- Try switching your DNS Server (OpenDNS or GoogleDNS).
- If nothing helps, you can also try temporarily disabling your firewall and antivirus software.