The launcher fails to load or crashes when I try to run it.
If nothing appears to happen when attempting to open or load the launcher, try the following steps. These steps are written for Windows 7, so some locations may vary for Windows 8 or above.
- Make sure the launcher is not already open.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- If EpicGamesLauncher.exe is listed in the Processes tab, select it, then click End Task.
- Make sure your graphics drivers are updated to the latest version.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by Nvidia, you can search for the latest drivers here.
- If your graphics card is manufactured by AMD, you can search for the latest drivers here.
- If you are unsure of what kind of graphics card you have, you can find that information in your computer's dxdiag. You can find instructions for generating your dxdiag here. Your graphics card will be listed on the Display 1 tab.
- Make sure you are running as an Administrator on your computer.
- Navigate to Start> Control Panel> User Accounts> User Accounts.
- Select Manage User Accounts.
- If you are an Administrator, Administrators will be listed beside your username under Group.